Sorry it has been a few days since my last post, but it has been a busy week! We are just now getting into the core of our first project with visiting professor Karen Rogers, and she has been cracking the whip!
We have been looking more in depth at the "first urban plan" for Rome done by Pope Sixtus V. In particular the area around Santa Maria Maggiore, which is the center point for the plan. Allen, Evie, and I walked the straightened streets of Sixtus and formed our theories as to his intentions. After all that was done, we got lost on the transit system going home and it took us almost 2 hours to get back. =*(
Since then we have been working on a presentation board to display all of our research! We have been doing everything by hand, using water color and acetone transfers. Yes, even I helped water color, and had fun with it. Hopefully I can get a post of the finished product to put up here soon.
We went to the zoo that other day as well, which was very fun! The animals there all looked pretty sad though.... They had sections for injured animals in recovery as well. I thought it was funny that they had a cow there, haha.
The Class at the base of the Spanish Steps.
I am so proud you finally used watercolor on something! Ha!
ReplyDelete